
Let me tell you a story. When I was a virginal junior in high school, I accompanied my quavering frienemy to Planned Parenthood. We were both broke. Too broke to buy McDonalds probably. But she had a working car that could take us to Planned P. She went to a party the night before and she thought she got roofied and woke up next to some dude. She had to get a pregnancy test and thats how we ended up here.
Fast forward to December of every year until last. I will not lie. I went to Planned P to get HIV/AIDS tests, STD check ups, birth control, and pap smears. They made me feel safe. They encouraged me to be safe. The House has cut funding for Planned Parenthoods, and instead of making a very serious post, I thought I would just honestly come out and say this:
Support Planned Parenthood.
What I did not finish is that after that frienemy and I went to Planned P she drove me by his house, we saw him get in his car, and he essentially speeded to the freeway and tried to lose us. Which he did. But not without her following his past almost 5 exits, cursing loudly with me clutching the strap above the door and my feet on the dash terrified. That is the closest I have ever gotten to a car chase.
No comments:
Post a Comment