Thursday, February 10, 2011

150 Work Wear




When I knew that I would first have to enter the professional world (of teaching lol), I had this temporary freak out of a personal style identity crisis. There I was, fully dress in a short black skirt, knowing that soon that piece of clothing would no longer fly (let alone act as a scarf). I immediately headed to H&M twice a week, scouring the sale rack for some good basic work clothes. I went to Crossroads almost religiously, as I went every Sunday after church, and picked up anything I could semi qualify as work clothes. In the end, I was left with some great stuff, some good stuff, and I whole lot of crap.

For example: I own a plethora of what I lovingly refer to as gay pirate shirts. I love billowy white shirts. I look terrible in them. Paired with a pair of trusty black skinny trousers and some dress shoes, the result is tres Pirates of the Gayrribean. Maybe I will post all my gay pirate shirts as a homage to the ending of Seinfield. Or maybe I will let them rot in my closet to be caressed gently a few times a year as I try to find ways for them to work.

Anyways, the point is that I have found a good place to be in terms of my clothes. I can blindly grab at stuff now in the morning, thanks to a truly excellent storage system I have worked in. I am staying true to my color scheme (all black everything baby). I wear my daily swag right. Yup.

I also feel this post is necessary since five days a week I am wearing these kinds of clothes. I mostly get stopped for my business fab now so I guess it makes sense to post it.

Also note: no heels. On the bright side, I now own two pairs of clogs.

No comments: