
Hell Yeah I stole this picture off of Facebook. That is facebook's purpose in my life. To perpetrate my vanity and allow me to show off how witty I am. SIKE! Facebook is the bane of my existence because it allows my "friends" to put up pictures of me in my natural state-- AWKWARD. That's fine though. That's not what I wanted to write about.
Today was the first APSA Reunion. It was fantastic. I feel so inspired again. I feel like there is so much love beyond what we do now. Also, I really love Costco Pizza and pork skins. I truly believe that the Asian Pacific Student Association is my home away from home. I began my involvement my senior year of high school, with San Diego's APSA, and still consider myself to be a representative, AMBASSADOR of love, from APSA. I remember Welcome Week. I wandered around Ring Road alone (I had friends BTW) and asked around for APSA. I got lazy, tired, and sweaty, so I went to sit in the Cross where I saw APSA written on the glass door. Stephanie Chen, from Chinese Association, came in and asked me if I needed anything and I told her I was looking for APSA but it wasn't outside and she told me APSA was comprised of one fantastic person-- Narinda Heng. So she gave me Nar Nar's number and the journey began. Despite my burning out, or whatever, I still LOVE APSA. The people have been my brothers and sister, cuddle buddies and cooking buddies. I love how we have watched each other grow. How APSA has been a springing board for consciousness and community involvement. How I felt and feel about APSA was solidified today at the reunion. I felt like I met the slightly older, but still happy and loving side of the family I knew existed in some distant form. And today they became real! All big smiles, laughter, and love.
1 comment:
I hope to see us someday, older, and all gathered in one of our houses as just one big family.
Post a Comment